From routine checkups to treatments for surgery, our staff is equipped to handle all of your podiatric needs. We have provided an extensive list of services to help you understand your options in foot and ankle health. We can help whether your issues are large or small.
Our services include:
- Corns and Calluses
- Custom Orthotics
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Haglund’s Deformity
- Hammer Toe Treatment
- Heel Spurs
- Ingrown Toenails
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Plantar Fasciitis Treatment
- Plantar Warts
- Regenerative Medicine
- Shockwave Therapy
- Stress Fracture
- Toenail Fungus
Laser Treatment for Nail Fungus
The newest alternative treatment for nail fungus is the use of the Nd/Yad laser. We now offer the latest FDA approved technology for clearing of fungal infections of the nail. Lasers are also utilized for treatment of spider veins, warts, tattoo removal and thinning of thick scars.
Diabetic Foot and Wound Treatment
Diabetes is reaching epidemic proportions in the United States with over 16 million people affected. There are many complications associated with diabetes including kidney, vision, heart, circulatory, nerve and foot problems. Many of these potential problems can be avoided as a result of lifestyle changes, medications, and other preventive care.
Amputations, or partial amputations, of the feet and legs, are increasing at an alarming rate. In fact, it is the leading cause of non – traumatic amputation in the United States. Over half of these amputations could have been prevented by timely conservative foot care and education. It is our goal to explore ways to reduce the number of amputations in our diabetic patient population.
As a Fellow of the American Professional Wound Care Association, Dr. Lieberman has distinguished himself through continuing education in state of the art treatment and management of acute foot infections and open foot wounds. This has resulted in significant success in preserving the quality of life in the patients we serve.
Medicare Therapeutic Shoe Program
Carlsbad – Encinitas Podiatry is an authorized Medicare Supplier to evaluate, prescribe and dispense high-quality shoes and 3 pairs of removable protective shoe inserts per the calendar year. Many diabetic patients qualify for this benefit and Medicare will pay 80% of the cost for the shoes and insoles and the supplemental insurance should pay the other 20%. If you have diabetes and are on Medicare, please call our office for an appointment to see if you qualify for this benefit.
In House, state of the art podiatric digital radiography system. Digital processing allows for prompt viewing of x-rays during the patient visit.